Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Noticing


It's a new month!  And it's one of my very favorite months.  The beginning of my favorite time of year.  I love Thanksgiving and Christmas so much!  


And it's trite and unoriginal, but I want to post each day in November about something (or several somethings) that I am grateful for.  This practice has always appealed to me, and especially now, as I am working towards finding permanent peace with food.  An important part of that is being aware, both of my body and how I feel, but also of what is beautiful and lovely in the world around me.  Mindfulness, you know?  Plus, I also know that what we pay attention to grows, and I'd like to increase my feelings of gratitude for my life.  So, here goes:

Today I am grateful for these decorations...


I seriously adore them.  For some reason, just seeing them on my counter makes me feel happy.  The candle is not really a decoration, but it's my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works, and another simple source of happiness for me.  

Today, Tess is grateful for coloring and for leftover Halloween candy.  She has carried her bag of candy proudly around the house today, telling me all about all the different treats she got.  


I think I will let myself be grateful for leftover Halloween candy, too...


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment