Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Catching Up...

Sheesh!  So much for posting every day, eh?  Oh well.  I am grateful that it really doesn't matter whether I post to this blog every day or not.  Haha.  :)  

I'm happy to report, though, that I have been spending more time looking for what I appreciate about my life.  And I'm finding plenty of things to be thankful for.  

First, I am grateful for clean hardwood floors...


They look so beautiful for what feels about 30 seconds before the dog and the kiddos get to them again.  :)

I am also thankful for these cute reminders I have hanging on my wall:


The black-and-white one was a recent gift from my cool mom, and I bought the green one at Time Out for Women in Portland, OR a couple of weeks ago.  I need frequent reminders to help me remember what actually matters.  

I am grateful for our fireplace:


I took this picture a couple of weeks ago after a long run in the rain.  I was wet and chilled and being able to flip a switch and have warm air blowing on me almost instantly was wonderful!  I love how the flames look and I love the cozy feeling it always evokes for me.  Ahhhhhhh...

I am grateful for my kiddo's "cousins".  Since none of their biological cousins live close to us, and we no longer live close to our beloved Marvins (WE MISS THEM SO MUCH!), being able to spend a lot of time with the Carrigan family has meant so much to me.  Plus, since they're not actually related, Alicia and I can arrange marriages between our offspring as we see fit.  ;)  



Maia loves all of these kiddos, too, but is largely outgrowing their games.  She loves to snuggle with Nick and Blake, though.  

Now for a random picture that I like:


And finally, to make you laugh:








Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment