Monday, November 7, 2016

It Takes a Village


I told them to smile.  :)

Today I am thankful for gifted therapists, as well as the nutritionist I just started seeing.  Since I have no pictures of any of them, this post will be adorned with cute pictures of my children, instead.  :)

Currently, I see a therapist at The Emily Program (eating disorder treatment center) once a week, I still see Lillie once a week, and I now see a nutritionist that specializes in helping people overcome eating disorders once a week.  It's a lot of appointments, which can feel a little overwhelming at times, but I'm so grateful that I'm able to manage a relatively intensive treatment schedule.  The sooner I can achieve lasting peace with food the better!  


These medical professionals are kind, encouraging, honest, straightforward, funny, and very skilled in their fields of expertise.  Because of them, I have real hope that I can eventually overcome this eating disorder and learn to manage my depression and anxiety in a healthier, happier way.  I feel like these people are one way Heavenly Father shows me that He loves me and that He is there to help me through my struggles.  He has let me win the amazing therapist jackpot.  


I have to also mention how grateful I am for my parents and Maia.  My parents babysit Tess every Monday (and sometimes other days of the week, as well) while I am at therapy appointments, and Maia babysits while I see Lillie every Thursday.  Their help brings me so much peace of mind!  


Leaving the gym this morning after visiting with my other "therapist", exercise.  :)

Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment