Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Seasons



It's that time of year again...when all my early-morning runs happen in the dark.  Yuck.  For this morning's four-miler, I wore my reflective vest with a red light attached to the back, and carried my handy-dandy mace, so I felt pretty safe, at least.  I just find running in the dark depressing.  It's so much harder to get up in the dark, too.  Knowing how much better I'll feel if I go running, versus skipping it, is usually the only thing that gets me out the door.  But I did it, so gold star for me!  

Today is the first day of school for Maia and Maddie.  Finally!  This was a rough summer for all of us, I think.  I really, really struggled with my mental illnesses, and my poor girls had to deal with a lot of grumpiness from their mama.  Parenting fail.  Luckily, they love school, so I think this transition will do us all a lot of good.  


Maddie is a fifth-grader!


One more year of middle school for Maia!


Expressing how she really feels about school starting.  :)  

I love these sweet kiddos of mine.  Heavenly Father knew that I wouldn't be capable of handling children that weren't patient, loving, and all-around wonderful, so he sent me the very best.  

On Labor Day, we explored Priest Point Park.  It's a beautiful park in Olympia that we'd never been to.  We'll definitely be going back!  I forgot to take a picture of the playground, but as soon as Tess saw it, she took off running as fast as she could to get to it.  'Twas darling.  


A fun swing...both the above pic and below:


They loved pretending that they were thrilled to ride in the "safe" swing...


Goofy girlies.


Tess is a fan of slides.


Priest Point Park is right on the beach, so we explored the mud flats a bit...


Can you see the Capitol building in the background?



Tess wasn't very interested in taking pictures.  :)


Off to play with Tess!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment