Monday, September 12, 2016

Lately...


On Friday, I went to Body Pump at the gym, and then I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill.  A couple of minutes into my run, I went to adjust my ponytail and my hair tie broke!  Argh!  I cannot stand the feeling of exercising with my hair down.  Luckily, my headband saved me from a complete descent into fury, and I finished my run.  Curses on my super-thick, hair tie-destoying hair!  

At this point, you're probably thinking, "Whoa.  What did Jess do in her previous life to deserve these kinds of trials?!?!  I cannot fathom how she survives this kind of pain!"  Don't worry, though.  I'm tough.  And I will not be bested by a hair tie!  ;)

On Saturday, we were able to go to Northwest Trek Wildlife Park, about an hour's drive southeast of here.  Our friends, the Carrigans, were visiting from Portland, and they joined us.  It was actually Tyler's company's summer picnic, so we weren't able to spend a lot of time with the Carrigans, but it was a fantastic adventure, and fun was had by all.  Phew!  

The drive there was gorgeous and I caught this quick pic of Clear Lake with Mt. Rainier in the distance:


After a quick stop at the potties, we were in!


Sweet Nick and Tess, anxious to see animals!


They have an epic playground there, and Tess was especially thrilled to be able to walk barefoot in the "wada".  


Tess in a beaver dam-ish replica.


Tess learned how to use a water pump...


...and climb a cargo net ladder inside a massive tree.  



Tess and Maddie inside a cargo net tunnel.


Wading in the stream...



After playing at the playground for awhile, and eating a yummy catered lunch, we hopped on a guided tram tour where we saw LOTS of animals.  Some of them were literally inches from us, right outside the tram.  It was pretty amazing.  


The view from where you boarded the tram.  So tranquil and beautiful!  In the distance, on the shore of the lake, is a herd of bison.


Tess sees a bighorn sheep!


Bison (left) and ducks.


Maia helping Tess to get a better look at a critter.



Tess loved seeing a family of "moot"!  :)


My favorite animals that we saw were the bison.  The little calves were so cute!


Snuggling with "Mana".  She spent most of the tram ride going from one big sister to the other.  

And a few scenes from my life lately:


Tess loves to "help" Mama in the kitchen.  


Playing cars with Tess.  She LOVES cars and is amassing quite the collection.  


Today's workout was on my stationary bike up in my bedroom.  Thank goodness for a pretty view out my window, and good shows to watch on the iPad.  


Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment