Thursday, May 12, 2016

8 miles


I did it!  Yesterday, I ran 8 miles on the treadmill, including some very difficult intervals.  I was dreading this workout, worried that it would be too hard for me, so I was seriously stoked to have nailed it.     


Post-workout celebratory selfie in my car!  

The workout (all intervals done at 8:00/mile pace):

2 mile warm-up
1 x 400 m 200 m easy recovery run
1 x 800 m with 400 m easy recovery run
1 x 1200 m with 400 easy recovery run
1 x 1 mile with 800 m easy recovery run
1 x 800 m with 400 m easy recovery run
1 x 400 with 200 m easy recovery run
Run relatively easy until I hit 8 miles total 

I was most dreading that mile interval!  I haven't run an entire mile at that pace in, well, years!  
But I was able to run all of the intervals, and it didn't feel nearly as hard as I thought it would.  It was tough, though, and true to form, I was a stinky, sweaty beast by the end.  

I did this workout as part of training plan that I am following to hopefully be able to break the 2 hour mark in the half-marathon.  My next half is on June 18th, the Seattle Rock 'n Roll Half-Marathon.  Fingers crossed that I'll be able to crush my goal!

When I got home, I decided that what my babies needed most was a big hug from their fragrant mommy.  This is what Maddie thought of that plan:


"Oh, Mommy...gross."  



Tess quickly decided that she needed my phone more than I did.  

Tyler and I took Tess to Fred Meyer yesterday, and I loved seeing her walk around, cookie in hand with her "camera" around her neck...


On the way home, she showed me what a sad face looks like:


This wee babe makes us laugh every day.  She has been a hilarious ray of sunshine during this dark period of unemployment.  But good news!!!  Tyler got a job yesterday!  He starts work on Monday, and we are SO grateful!  We are feeling supremely blessed and loved.  Yippee!!!

I also took my Maddie to Tae Kwon Do yesterday (she goes three days a week).  It was fun watching her talk with her friend, Kylie, and to see her hone her deadly ninja skills.  


Two blondies: Maddie & Kylie

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment