Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 3

Joy.  Hmm.  Well, today it was hard to come by.  It couldn't get through the press of obsessive thoughts or the fog of a low mood.  But today still held high points!  The most significant of which was the presence of my best friend, Alicia.  She and her boys drove here from Portland last night and I won't have to say goodbye to her until Sunday evening.  


Alicia and her beloved, Beau, with one of their handsome boys, Blake - Cannon Beach, OR

Recently, Alicia and I bought ourselves coloring books.  It makes me giggle to see them called "Adult Coloring Books".  Those would be interesting.  Talk about your 50 shades of gray...ha.  Enough perversion!  :)  
I find coloring very relaxing, but also hard to stop once I get started.  I've turned to coloring recently when I felt like my thoughts were racing too much, and it did help them to calm down a bit.  


Our current masterpieces, mid-creation, laid out on my island counter top.  Mine is on the left.  

Another high point today was being able to see my parents for a little bit.  They graciously babysat Miss Tess for me while I stayed to watch one of Maddie's Tae Kwon Do classes.  I'm so grateful for their love and support!


My parents, canoodling on Cannon Beach.  

And because you need to feel joy as well, enjoy these amazing photographs:


We could not be any hotter.  


We're so good-lookin' it's scary!  


This man makes me laugh.  He's just what I need.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Could you BE any hotter? (She says in a Chandler voice) I was scrolling through my day on FB and came across your blog entry with a photo of some of my favorite people on the planet! Great way to direct me to the blog; I love it! Also loving your coloring book idea. I will try it also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! (She says in a Monica voice). :) And thank you! Enjoy the coloring! We found our coloring books at Barnes & Noble for only $8.

      Delete