Saturday, June 24, 2017

Another day, another park!


Yesterday, Maia, Tess, and I explored Burfoot Park with my parents.  Maddie was on a camping trip with Tyler and a good friend of ours.  
Tess played at the playground for awhile before we found the path down to the ocean.  Like Priest Point Park, the trail to the water winds downhill through a beautiful, lush forest.  
I preferred this beach to the one at Priest Point Park.  It's rockier, and not teeming with tiny crabs to the same extent.  The crabs are fascinating to watch, but when too many are scuttling around all together, it puts me in mind of a roiling mass of spiders.  Gross.   


This time, we all got our feet wet.  Tess LOVES the water.  I think I need to get this girl into swimming lessons soon!


Sweet Tess.


Looking back at the cliffside...


Poor Maia began Summer Break with a nasty cold, and she was feeling pretty awful yesterday, but she powered through and still managed to have a good day.  



Tough Tess and her tender-footed big sister.  Tess didn't mind the rocky footing at all, but Maia was less enthused about it.  :)


Me and most of my family on the beach.  It's hard to see in this picture, but there are snowy mountains off in the distance behind me.  


Tess and her beloved "Papa".  



Holding a piece of seaweed...


When we left Burfoot Park we went to the Back Door Bakery for some heavenly slices of cake.  Local friends, if you haven't been there yet, GO!!!  It is lovely!  Delicious, delectable, and divine!  I had a slice of chocolate orange cake, and then split Tess' mini banana cream pie with Maia.  Tess decided she just wanted to look at it, rather than eat it.  Crazy girl.  :)  

On the drive back to my parents' house, Tess fell asleep, and I got to spend an hour in one of their recliners with a slightly sweaty, sleeping Tess on my chest.  It was so wonderful.  As much as I love that she is growing up and becoming more independent, I really miss having a baby sleep on my chest.  There are few things in life that can rival that joy.  Bliss.  

While Mom and Dad spent some time helping clean a friend's house, we hung out at their house watching "Chicken Run" and eating pizza and cheesy bread from Papa Murphy's.  My parents spoil us.  I am a lucky girl!  

2 for 2, Summer.  Nice work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment