Thursday, January 5, 2017

Holy cold, Batman!

I woke up this morning at 5:15 a.m.  I laid there until 5:25, talking to myself about whether or not going for a run was a good idea (why is it that my bed feels its most amazing when I have to get out of it?!?!).  Running won (but just barely), so I checked my phone to see how cold it was, and then got dressed for the weather.  Or so I thought!  I didn't realize that my phone was still telling me how cold it was when I went to bed last night: 31 degrees.  I walked outside and thought, "Man!  It feels a lot colder than 31 degrees.  Oh well, I'll warm up once I run for awhile."  Within a minute or two, my lower legs were stinging from the cold, but I just kept telling myself that I'd feel better soon...I just had to keep running.  Wrong!  But I persevered, mainly out of pride, and also because running back home to put on more clothes would mean that I wouldn't have enough time to run as far as I wanted to.  After awhile, both legs and my poor bum were freezing.  Six point one miles later, I walked through my front door, ran straight to my beloved fireplace, and found out that it was actually SIXTEEN degrees outside.  And I was wearing this (plus shoes, of course):


I've run in much colder weather before, as any self-respecting Alaskan runner has to, but never with bare calves!  BRRRRRR!  I'm giving myself a few Bad Ass Runner points for today's workout.  And maybe a few Stupid Prideful Runner ones, too.  :)  

Yesterday's workout began with a 5:30 a.m. Body Pump class.  I hadn't gone to one in awhile, so it was rather hard, but it felt good, too.  My goal is to go to a Body Pump class once a week.



I'm the one in the light blue t-shirt...taking the picture.  Duh.  :)

After Body Pump, I cranked out three miles on the treadmill.  I was serenaded by many a musician, including Shawn Mendes.  As you can see, he gets pretty worked up about my workouts:


The Valley put up a ton of Christmas lights on the outside of their main building, and it looked so cool!  Christmas lights are the best!


I like how you can tell that my face is super red, even though it was dark outside.  I've perfected Sweaty Beast Mode.  

Yesterday morning, Tess and I helped two of our friends redecorate a bulletin board at church.  Tess was a good sport, and played with her cars, ate her goldfish crackers, and decorated a white board with her marker masterpieces.  



Time to eat dinner!  Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment